ITS America and Southwest Research Institute are once again proudly sponsoring the Annual Student Essay Competition for the 2012 ITS America Annual Meeting & Exposition, held in Washington D.C. on May 21-23, 2012.
The Student Essay Competition is designed to encourage student interest and future participation in the development of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and solutions. The objective of the essay competition is to provide an opportunity for today’s transportation and engineering students to apply their knowledge in a thought-provoking and enjoyable competition and to build awareness of ITS as a career path with unlimited potential.
Each year, students from all of the country respond to a variety of topics and provide their insight to the ITS industry. Students are an important part of the continued development of the ITS industry, a field of expertise that is vitally important to our nation’s economy and our way of life.
- The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will receive $1,500, $1,000, or $500 respectively.
- The 1st place winner will be invited to attend the Business Meeting and Awards Presentation at the ITS America Annual Meeting on Tuesday, May 22nd and be assisted financially to cover trip expenses.
- Receive a complimentary full registration to attend the conference.
- Have the opportunity to present their winning essay at the dedicated Interactive Session area in the exhibit hall.
- The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winning essays will be displayed on the Student Essay Competition Web page of ITS America’s website.
- All three winners will be featured in nationally-distributed press releases.
This year’s Annual Meeting, “Smart Transportation: A Future We Can Afford,” will be a three-day event featuring exhibits, Congressional visits, technical demonstrations, and an educational program that focuses on affordable strategies to create smart cities and communities that are safer, cleaner, more livable and less congested. Click here for more information and to register. The deadline for student essays is Wednesday, April 18. If you have any questions about the awards program or how to submit an application, please contact Brent Isenberg at email@example.com.
About the Intelligent Transportation Society of America
The Intelligent Transportation Society of America represents more than 400 member organizations including public agencies, private corporations, and academic institutions involved in the research, development, and deployment of technologies that improve safety, increase mobility, and sustain the environment.