Our colleagues at TRB’s Young Members Council have a new opportunity for young transportation professionals!
The Young Members Council (YMC) at the Transportation Research Board (TRB) is pleased to announce the new TRB Outstanding Young Member Award. This award was created to recognize exceptional young member service to TRB and achievements in transportation research, policy, or practice. The award is sponsored by Stantec, Inc. Details of the award and application package can be found here.
One award will be presented each year at the TRB Annual Meeting to a TRB member who is 35 years of age or younger on April 15 in the year of the award. The inaugural award will be presented in January at the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board as part of the Thomas B. Deen Distinguished Lecture and will consist of a plaque and a $2,500 cash award.
Candidates will be judged by the degree to which they have shown:
- Contributions, membership, and/or achievements in TRB standing committees, subcommittees, or task forces;
- Career contributions to advancements in transportation research, policy, or practice;
- Contributions, memberships, achievements in professional/technical societies;
- Technical competency as evidenced by publications such as journal articles, conference proceedings, books, technical reports, digests of papers, and product releases;
- Public service or community and humanitarian activities; and,
- Other evidence of merit, as determined by the award committee.
To be considered for the award the application package must be used and includes:
1. The official nomination form, signed by the nominator (can be self-nominated)
2. A statement of qualifications signed by the nominee (using template provided)
3. The nominee’s CV or resume
4. Two letters of recommendation
Nomination packages should be submitted to Jennifer Rosales, TRB staff liaison to the Young Members Council, at email@example.com by November 16, 2102 to be considered for the award.
We look forward to receiving your nomination packages!