Join Subways in major efforts to recover and come back even stronger from Super Storm Sandy, the most devastating event Subways has experienced in its 109 year history.
Candidates will be part of a small group reporting to the Senior Vice President of Subways on multi-billion dollar recovery and future event mitigation efforts. Work will involve actively supporting the rapid delivery of a large number of investment projects aimed both at restoring the system to its pre-Sandy state and hardening the system to future extreme events.
Specific activities could include developing and populating innovative reporting and transparency tools, developing strategies and tools to mitigate customer impact of the investment program and providing direct analytical support to the resolution of specific capacity challenges associated with the investment program.
- Current enrollment in masters or baccalaureate degree in Engineering, Business, Transportation, Public Administration or quantitative related fields with strong academic performance
- Strong analytical and quantitative ability
- Fluency with MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint and other analytical and communications tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work and deliver under demanding timelines
- Understanding of transportation and engineering concepts (desirable – not essential)
- Programing and web development skills including GIS, mysql, PHP and GTFS standards (desirable – not essential)
How to Apply
Visit https://efixmetrocard.mtanyct.info/internshiponline/login.aspx and look for project # DOS-572-CA.