Join Subways in major efforts to recover and come back even stronger from Super Storm Sandy, the most devastating event Subways has experienced in its 109 year history. We are recruiting for 2 year Recovery and Preparedness fellows who will be part of a small group reporting to the Senior Vice President of Subways on multi-billion dollar recovery and future event mitigation efforts. Work will involve actively supporting the rapid delivery of a large number of investment projects aimed both at restoring the system to its pre-Sandy state and hardening the system to future extreme events.
Specific activities could include developing and populating innovative reporting and transparency tools, developing strategies and tools to mitigate customer impact of the investment program and providing direct analytical support to the resolution of specific capacity challenges associated with the investment program.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in business administration, public admin., public policy, engineering, economics, architecture, math, physics, computer science, accounting, transportation planning or urban planning and 1 year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in an analytical or technical capacity.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in business administration, public administration, engineering, engineering technology, economics, architecture, math, physics, computer science, accounting or urban planning, and 3 years of satisfactory full-time professional experience in the areas described in “1″ above; or
- A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience.
- Strong analytical and quantitative ability.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint and other analytical and communications tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work and deliver under demanding timelines.
- Understanding of transportation and engineering concepts (desirable – not essential).
- Programming and web development skills including GIS, html, mysql, PHP and GTFS standards (desirable – not essential).
How to Apply
Visit http://www.mta.info/mta/employment/employment_out.html and search for job ID 76237. Qualified applicants can submit an on-line application by clicking on the “APPLY NOW” button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page. Multiple positions are available for this limited duration, two-year project.