Happy 2013, YPT! Before we all get to party at TRB, the SF Bay Chapter is super excited to present our first major event of the year. We have a full deck of esteemed guests from some of the largest transit providers in the region who will share thoughts, funny stories, and whatever else we can get them to spill this coming Wednesday at Infusion Lounge, 124 Ellis Street at Powell Muni/BART, 6:00pm-9:00pm. These transportation celebrities are:
- Ed Reiskin, SFMTA Director
- Michael Scanlon, General Manager and CEO of San Mateo Country Transit District
- Grace Crunican, General Manager of BART, and
- Michael Gougherty, Planner/Analyst at Water Emergency Transportation Authority
Here are some of my questions, just to get you started:
- What does it mean to manage siloed agencies when Bay Area travel patterns are regional? What are 3 easy things we could do to improve regional transit connectivity?
- What’s your favorite transportation project underway that’s not in your jurisdiction?
- How trans-curious were you before you got your job? Please answer on a Kinsey scale.
- Don’t you think it would be awesome if we had a funicular from Twin Peaks to the Bay View? Why don’t we have one of those? I would totally ride it.
Space is limited and as spots get filled, current YPT members will get priority. RSVP at our EventBrite: http://yptsfbayanniversary.eventbrite.com/