Social Media Intern, Mobility Lab
Mobility Lab is seeking a paid, part-time intern (up to 30 hours per week, $15 per hour) from now until June 30 to advance our social-media delivery, effectiveness, and impacts. We are seeking a candidate with proven experience in social media to learn about us, align that with an inventory of our social-media needs, and make a strong set of strategic recommendations. Then put those recommendations to action.
While we have a strong and growing presence on Twitter and Facebook, we are looking for ways to:
- Improve on those networks
- Improve our YouTube and Slideshare presences, and
- Explore if and how we should delve into LinkedIn, Storify, Pinterest, RSS, Tumblr, Google+ and others.
Mobility Lab (located near the Rosslyn Metro in Arlington, Virginia) works very closely, in the same suite, with the marketing and professional sales divisions of Capital Bikeshare, BikeArlington, WalkArlington, Arlington Transportation Partners, goDCgo, the DC Circulator, the Commuter Store, and others. It is a creative and exciting atmosphere. Our firm – The Destination Sales & Marketing Group, Ltd., a business-to-business transportation, tourism, and marketing consulting company – is contracted by Arlington County, Virginia and the Washington D.C. Department of Transportation.
- Create social media strategies designed to increase visibility, engagement, and traffic across Mobility Lab brands
- Guide staff on implementation and management of existing social media
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social-media activities
- Monitor trends in social media and appropriately apply that knowledge into our social-media strategies
- Make social-media measurement recommendations to staff
- Creating profiles with a professional look and engaging presentation
- Sense of what’s likeable on social media
- Marketing and communications strategy
- Project management
- Strong researcher and synthesizer of content
- Driving people to events through social media
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
- Storytelling/writing/journalism background preferred
- WordPress experience preferred
- Some previous relevant work experience preferred
- Active on social networks, with strong, engaging content
- Fast, fun, and inspiring communications style
- Strong research skills
- Able to self-direct and self-motivate within a fun team environment
- Responsible, dependable, and well organized
- Compile social-media data for use in reports and evaluations
- Prepare monthly report on social-media usage and impacts
- Prepare Social-Media Dashboard for use in sharing with internal stakeholders
- Create and improve current social-media resources with professional look and engaging presentation
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, including references, along with your application to email@example.com. Put Social Media Intern in the subject line and please note where you saw the job description. Applications due by Wednesday, February 6.