YPT would like to welcome Anaheim and the Orange County into the YPT family. The newly created chapter is poised for bringing awesome transportation related events to transportation professionals and students in the Orange County area.
While the County is known for its massive highways and plenty of cars, don’t forget that Anaheim will be one of the stops on the planned California High Speed Rail! The County also has an extensive bus network, commuter rail, and of course, surfing (it IS a mode of transportation). Here are some more facts that you may not have known about Orange County and Anaheim:
- Who says Orange County doesn’t have light rail? The Pacific Electric Red Cars ran from Orange County to Los Angeles County from 1904 to 1950
- Orange County may be a car loving place, but there are over 1,000 miles of bikeways in Orange County, with plans for another 700 more.
- An estimated 20 million people a year navigate the streets, freeways, and bus system in Anaheim to visit Disneyland and California Adventure
- Both of Anaheim’s sports facilities, Angel’s Stadium and the Honda Center are visible from the SR-57 Freeway
- The future Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center will connect to existing Metrolink, Amtrak and OCTA bus services, and will enable connectivity to emerging transit services including: Anaheim Rapid Connection (ARC), California High-Speed Rail, and California-Nevada Super Speed Train.