The Transportation for America (T4America) Campaign is looking for a Field Director. The Field Director will direct the day-to-day operations of a diverse coalition of prominent leaders from a multitude of constituencies working to reform transportation policy.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a powerful national field operation consisting of state coalitions of “grasstop” supporters — local organizations, statewide organizations, elected officials, and in-state opinion leaders — for the campaign.
- Grow a powerful national outreach operation consisting of leaders from the business community, elected officials, real estate developers, equity and health groups, civic leaders, transportation industry representatives, and others.
- Develop regional tactics and field strategy and manage implementation of activities by local organizers for over a dozen high priority states for the campaign.
- Work with field team to engage local and state partners to shape outreach strategies appropriate for each state.
- Manage outreach activities and partner engagement with targeted constituent groups both in DC and in other target locations, including partner summits, Hill briefings, and media opportunities.
- Build the capacity of national partners, local, and state campaign partners to engage with state and federal leaders on the campaign’s legislative agenda.
- Develop tools and materials (in coordination with other campaign teams) to engage coalition partners in advocacy and media efforts in an expanding role over the course of the campaign.
- Train field and outreach staff on organizing, advocacy, and messaging.
- Report regularly to Campaign Director with written documentation of results.
- This position requires a self-motivated and detail-oriented person with excellent organizational skills. The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- In select states, work with local partners who are coordinating with the campaign to promote economic development policies and transportation funding campaigns.
- In select states, engage local partners in activities around federal transportation policy.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, short writing sample and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Field Director” in text in the subject line or the body of the email. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis so it’s best to get your application in early.
For more information on the job posting, please visit their website: http://t4america.org/pressers/2013/03/13/now-hiring-field-director/