On May 9, 2013, USDOT will be hosting Transportation Data Palooza at USDOT Headquarters, located at 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE Washington DC, 20590. Registration to attend in person or via webinar is now open. Sign up soon, since space is limited!
The purpose of this event is to showcase innovative technology solutions that:
- Enhance performance,
- Reduce congestion,
- Improve safety,
- Incorporate supplementary/alternative data sources,
- Make use of data mining/analysis tools such as big data analytics or text analytics,
- Pioneers the use of mobility management strategies for moving people and/or goods,
- Visualizes data to enhance understanding of critical transportation information,
- Enhances public access to data,
- Incorporates investment optimization tools (trade-off analysis), and
- Facilitates communication across the transportation industry at the local, state or regional level.
This event is part of USDOT’s larger efforts to be a central resource for transportation performance management tools, training, and noteworthy practices for implementing MAP-21 performance requirements. The event will consist of an exhibition of interactive transportation data solutions, presentations, and panel discussions.
You can register to attend in-person or via webinar at http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/tpm/events/registration.cfm.
- Webinar Registration: A link to the Transportation Data Palooza webinar rooms will be emailed to webinar participants on May 6.
- In-person Registration: For those attending in-person, additional information, including instructions on entering USDOT Headquarters will be emailed on May 3.
For additional information, visit the FHWA Data Palooza website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments.