Reports To: Senior Planner or Project Manager
Tindale-Oliver & Associates, Inc., a mid-size planning and engineering firm based in Tampa, FL, is seeking an entry-level Transportation Planner for its Fort Lauderdale office. Candidate must be able to multi-task and function well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment. Primary responsibilities include providing technical support and assistance to Senior Planners and/or Project Managers related to transportation planning analysis and technical reports.
- Assists with transportation planning analyses for metropolitan transportation planning, long range transportation planning and policy plans, corridor/sub-area transportation planning, and government financial analysis, among others.
- Assists with transit planning and operations analysis such as transit development planning and visioning, system/route performance and operational assessment, premium transit feasibility, transit market research, transit finance and governance, public/stakeholder outreach, and transit accessible design, among others.
- Assists with field review, data collection, and site/infrastructure assessments.
- Assists with writing and preparation of technical reports and documents, presentation materials.
- Assists with GIS mapping tasks and analysis.
- Also may assist with the firm’s other service areas by supporting research and technical analyses on multimodal planning, safety, engineering analysis and design, traffic impacts, level of service, transportation and infrastructure finance, bicycle and pedestrian planning, land use planning, and urban design, among other activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Public Administration, Economics, Geography or other closely related field. Transit planning experience a plus. Master’s degree preferred.
- Up to 2 years of relevant transportation planning work experience or any equivalent combination of related training or experience.
- Familiar with socioeconomic, land use and development, environmental impacts, demographics, travel behavior, and transportation demand concepts.
- Familiar with a variety of transportation planning concepts, practices, regulations, and procedures.
- Familiar with federal, state, and local development review guidelines, as well as legislation and administrative codes regarding metropolitan planning processes, comprehensive plans, and growth management..
- Able to participate in field review and data collection activities and possess valid driver’s license.
- Excellent English communications abilities, both verbal and written. Strong technical writing skills preferred.
- Highly computer literate with experience working with GIS mapping software such as ArcGIS; proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and other presentation and scheduling software; experience with TBEST preferred. Some knowledge of specialty software, such as AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
To apply visit:http://www.tindaleoliver.com/PT-1.html