On Sept. 9-11, 2013, The Northwestern University Transportation Center will again offer its highly rated Executive Program: Freight Transportation and Logistics: Delivering Results in a Volatile Environment.
Gain insights into the volatile business environment and economic uncertainty impacting the domestic and international freight transportation landscape by attending this customize Executive Program. The course will outline strategies for success for both buyers and sellers of transportation freight services as it explores the forces driving change in the global freight marketplace.
Who Should Attend:
The program is aimed at transportation and logistics decision-makers engaged in purchasing domestic and international freight transportation; carriers and intermediaries providing those services; and those who invest in, raise capital for, and provide services and equipment forthe sector. This includes executives, staff and line managers with responsibility for operations, sales, sourcing, purchasing, marketing, pricing, cost management and supply-chain design.
Topics to be covered will include:
- Role of Freight in the Economy
- Forces driving change in transportation and logistics
- Emerging Trends in the Global Third Party Logistics Market
- How Customers Buy Freight in a Volatile Market
- Understanding the competitive advantage of each mode
- Freight Intermediaries: Brokerage / TMS