Nominations sought for 2014 TRB Outstanding Young Member Award. Nomination packages are due October 16, 2013.
The Transportation Research Board Young Members Council is pleased to announce the 2014 Outstanding Young Member Award. This award was created in 2012 to recognize exceptional young member service to TRB and achievements in transportation research, policy, or practice. The award is sponsored by Stantec, Inc. Details of the award are provided below and in the attached Microsoft Word file.
One award will be presented each year at the Annual Meeting to a TRB member who is 35 years of age or younger on April 15 in the year of the award. The award will be presented in January at the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board as part of the Thomas B. Deen Distinguished Lecture and will consist of a plaque and a $2,500 cash award.
Candidates will be judged by the degree to which they have shown:
- Contributions, membership, and/or achievements in TRB standing committees, subcommittees, or task forces;
- Career contributions to the advancement in transportation research, policy, or practice;
- Contributions, memberships, achievements in professional/technical societies;
- Contributions, memberships, and achievements in public service or community and humanitarian activities;
- Other evidence of merit, as determined by the award committee.
The nomination package for this award is attached. To be considered for the award this package must be used and includes:
- The official nomination form, signed by the nominator (can be self-nominated)
- A statement of qualifications signed by the nominee (using template provided)
- The nominee’s CV or resume
- Two letters of recommendation
Nomination packages should be submitted to Bernardo Kleiner, TRB staff liaison to the Young Members Council, at BKleiner@nas.edu by 5 pm EST October 16, 2013 to be considered for the award.
We look forward to receiving your nomination packages!