The MTA Metro North Railroad is hiring an Operations Strategy and Finance Manager to plan and manage the Operations Services strategic, financial, and administrative objectives through business analysis and development of programs consistent with departmental goals and objectives.
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and integrate operational requirements in support of the Departmental business plan and strategy.
- Research, recognize, extract, and analyze critical information from disparate systems and large/complex data sets. Interpret, measure, track, and express that information in a business context.
- Assist in needs assessment utilizing various models and resources to enhance labor efficiency, asset management, and demand responsiveness. Prepare documentation of findings and recommendations in support of stated initiatives for Senior Management review.
- Develop long-term staffing strategies utilizing new technology and forecasting tools. Define and incorporate needs into the strategic business plan on a continual basis.
- Assist in setting budgetary commitments consistent with established budgetary objectives. Provide statistical and graphical reports in support of long and short-term organizational initiatives.
- Monitor measure and report on budget vs. actual expenditures related to departmental and corporate performance in all aspects of operating, strategic, and financial performance.
- Develop internal systems report specifications to track and monitor variance analysis against budgetary commitment.
- Research and prepare briefing documents and presentations in support of corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist in execution of departmental internal/external control policy and procedures, assuring compliance with agency’s and FRA standards.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- All other assignments at the request of senior management.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize workload with adherence to deadlines.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word) and/or comparable PC applications.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to interact with all levels at Metro-North.
- Ability to lead and foster teamwork.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of statistical and/or budget analysis.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Must be flexible to work some late evenings, and weekends, and to be on-call seven days a week when required.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, Business Management, Transportation, Public Administration or related field.
Minimum 3 years experience in data/financial analyses and/or budget development and report preparation or 2 years of the same with a Master’s degree in Business, Transportation or related field.
Minimum 1 year experience in a supervisory capacity, managing professionals and/or a process.
A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting
For more information, including how to apply, click here.