LOCATION: TBD – Philadelphia, PA, Washington, DC or Wilmington, DE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The IT Enterprise Strategy Management Administrator manages the Amtrak Enterprise Strategy Management (ESM) System for the IT Department, including database management, reporting, and maintenance. This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of all current and future data within the ESM system.
- Aligning IT initiatives to the strategic map.
- Supporting Strategic Review Meetings (SRMs).
- Managing the ESM system including data collection, storage, and analysis.
- Maintaining the integrity of the data in the ESM system.
- Ensuring all data in the ESM system is current and accessible.
- Working with Corporate ESM to maintain the system as needed.
- Recommending system upgrades and changes as needed to maintain and enhance system performance.
- Helping to develop and track key performance indicators and target metrics as they relate to Amtrak’s strategic goals.
- Creating and managing scorecards for senior leadership to use to track progress towards strategic goals throughout the year.
- Incorporating data from disparate systems to create financial models for use by senior leadership.
- Working with the CSO to collaborate and track goals and initiatives.
- Assisting in the communication of IT strategy and initiatives throughout the organization.
- Providing insight into which capital projects to initiate, based on enterprise performance and business goals.
- Providing senior leadership with insights into identifying, quantifying, and analyzing business risk.
- Monitoring approved projects for variance from planned costs and for comparison against expected benefits.
- Monitoring trends to detect long-term performance problems and prevent performance degradation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Foundational understanding of strategy or process methodologies.
- Proven ability to administer a web based system with emphasis on data integrity and user management.
- Proven ability at translating large amounts of enterprise data into a comprehensive view of organizational performance.
- Proven ability to parse large amounts of enterprise data into smaller actionable items.
- Proven ability to create and present compelling presentations to individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Proven ability working with others especially in collaborating to resolve technical or functional issues.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Experience working in a highly technical environment.
- Requires some database administration experience.
About this company
Moving America where it wants to go.
Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance. We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
Are you ready to join the Amtrak team?
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.