Mid-level Transportation Professional / Washington, DC
Energy, Environment and Transportation
About ICF International – Transportation Line of Business
EE&T’s Transportation Line of Business specializes in addressing complex planning, policy, and program issues at the nexus of transportation and the environment, energy, and communities. ICF’s work focuses on integrated approaches that support sustainable transportation decisions, addressing mobility, safety, environmental, social, and economic effects of transportation. Our work includes strategic planning, research, policy analysis, outreach, training, and program evaluation for Federal, State, and local governments, including the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), the Transportation Research Board (TRB), State transportation and environmental agencies, and metropolitan planning organizations. Our work often includes evaluating the impacts of infrastructure projects, programs, and government policies; developing guidebooks; and documenting best practices related to integrated planning, transportation operations, and the environment.
To support ICF’s dynamic growth, we are seeking a Transportation Professional responsible for planning and completing major project tasks related to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality products and services within our Transportation Line of Business in Washington, DC.
The successful candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Transportation planning process at the state and metropolitan levels
- Transportation and environmental issues, including planning-environment linkages, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Ecological approaches, environmental justice, and air quality conformity
- Regional transportation system management and operations concepts, including Integrated Corridor Management (ICM), Active Transportation and Demand Management (ATDM), intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and reliability issues
- Transportation economic analysis and/or asset management concepts, including risk assessment, benefit-cost analysis, and system condition and performance assessment
- Transportation data related to freight and/or passenger travel, and policy related to Federal transportation funding programs, revenue forecasts, and innovative finance and program delivery options, including public-private partnerships
You will work directly with clients and senior staff, as well as internal and external experts in their field of expertise. This position trains, develops and may direct the work of junior staff.
Contributing to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff
Collecting and analyzing data
Reviewing peer-reviewed literature and other technical reports
Conducting interviews and surveys
Solving quantitative and qualitative problems
Drafting reports and presentations
Interacting and communicating with clients
Bachelor’s degree in transportation planning, economics, public policy, or a related field
5+ years of experience in transportation or environmental policy, planning, and/or economic analysis
Master’s degree in transportation planning, economics, public policy, or a related field
Experience conducting transportation projects for US DOT, the Transportation Research Board, and/or other public sector transportation agencies
- Goverment consulting experience
Identifies and meets the needs of clients within established guidelines.
Understands task expectations and how tasks fit in the overall project.
Works collaboratively with project team and client to achieve established goals.
Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V