Transportation for America (T4America) — a program of Smart Growth America — seeks a personable, detail-oriented and customer-service oriented individual to serve as a Program Associate and assist in the planning and development of the organization’s events and meetings, assist with several of the organization’s key projects, as well as communicate with members, non-members and others in an outreach and relationship building role.
The position reports to the Director of Strategic Partnerships, and works closely with the Deputy Outreach Director, Director and other T4America staff. Candidates must demonstrate an ability to work successfully with limited supervision, independently and within a team. The ability to work collaboratively and creatively within a distributed organization is vital to this position, as team members work in different locations. In addition to other assignments and overall support as assigned, this position specifically supports the functions listed below.
Responsibilities Meeting/Event Development
- Provide support for meeting, events and logistics for T4America’s work on organizational priorities, as well as individual contracts.
- Work closely with the T4A Director on the planning and logistics for T4America Advisory Board teleconference calls and in-person meetings.
- Support the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Deputy Outreach Director as needed for planning, logistics, day-of, and follow-up for other T4America meetings and events, including pre-meeting preparations and post-meeting activities, and registration process.
- Work with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to inform and monitor meeting and conference budget.
- Assist in all other meeting and conference planning as necessary.
- Provide accurate, timely and quality customer service and information for all T4America membership inquiries.
- In conjunction with other staff, identify new membership target lists.
- Conduct targeted outreach to members to solicit information for membership promotional activities.
- Participate in promotion of T4America membership, professional development, programs and other opportunities.
- Solicit membership (new and renewing) and coordinates and implements strategies to retain existing members.
- Assist Director of Strategic Partnerships in development of new member programs and events that attract new members and engage and retain existing members.
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate degree in a related field;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management and organization, research skills, customer service, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work;
- Excellent written and verbal skills, as well as research and data collection skills.
- Comfortable with working in a collaborative team environment;
- High level of individual initiative and creativity;
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals, and; Must be proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite and comfortable working with Mac OS.
- 2-3 years of working experience in a professional setting;
- Previous experience in customer service, membership organizations or outreach;
- Event planning experience;
- Working knowledge of, and experience with the use of database management systems (preferably Salesforce) and with the production of data queries, reports, and forms, and;
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Salary is commensurate with experience, and includes benefits. The position is full-time and available starting immediately. Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line write “T4America Program Associate”.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Equal opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Transportation for America and Smart Growth America. Employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.