The summer months are rapidly approaching and students are searching for summer employment.
The WMATA 2014 Summer College Intern Program (SCIP) is scheduled to run from May 12, 2014 thru August 22, 2014. We will offer approximately 30 internship opportunities across the Authority. Internships will be minimally offered in the following areas:
- Police/Emergency Management
- Bus Operations
- Rail Operations
- Government Relations
- Urban Planning & Development
- Information Technology
- Human Resources
- Elevator/Escalator, and
- Access Services
The WMATA SCIP requirements are:
- Matriculation at an accredited college or university, with the student minimally being a rising college sophomore
- Major or area of concentration must be aligned with the academic and functional requirements of the position for which the student has applied
- Minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA
- Additional departmental or functional requirements may apply per internship
All internship opportunities will be posted and available tomorrow, April 3, 2014 through Saturday, April 5, 2014 for online applications via the WMATA Careers website at www.WMATA.com/Careers.
Due to historically high volume of applications received for the limited number of internship opportunities, the Office of Talent Acquisition reserves the right to take down the postings at any time without notice.
All parties who wish to be considered for an internship opportunity with WMATA must apply online. If you know a college student who’s interested in the transit industry and is seeking a paid internship for the summer, please direct him/her to apply online at our Careers website at www.WMATA.com/Careers.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Talent Acquisition Supervisor
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.