WTS Advancing Women in Transportation has just announced a handful of Greater New York Chapter Scholarships. To assist women pursuing education and professional careers in transportation-related fields, the Greater New York Chapter of WTS invites eligible women to apply for scholarships, including:
● Leonard Braun Memorial Graduate Scholarship for $4000 is awarded to encourage women to pursue career paths in transportation. The local winner may advance to the national Helen M. Overly Memorial Scholarship competition.
● Susan Miszkowicz Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship for $3500 is awarded to encourage bright new professionals to undertake careers in transportation and related fields. The local winner may advance to the national Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship competition.
● Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduates for $3500 is awarded to a woman that demonstrates leadership skills, ability and interest in the field of transportation and related fields. The local winner may advance to the national Molitoris Leadership Scholarship competition.
● Trade School and Community College Scholarship for $1000 is awarded to encourage women to pursue career paths in transportation.
● Transportation YOU High School Scholarship for $1000 is awarded to outstanding high schools students interested in undertaking careers in transportation and studying math, science, engineering or technology.
● National Leadership Legacy Award: Although there is no local award for this graduate-level leadership scholarship, we may advance one local applicant to the national competition.
Application forms are located at: http://www.wtsinternational.org/greaternewyork//scholarships/
Eligible female applicants must meet the following criteria:
● Enrolled in or accepted to a degree program in a transportation-related field, such as engineering, planning and logistics, in New York and New Jersey
● Plan for career in transportation
● Special criteria as noted on the individual application forms
Submissions must be postmarked by Friday, May 9, 2014.
Mail the completed package (with all forms and backup materials) to:
WTS Greater New York Attn: Scholarship
New York, NY 10116-0989
Questions can be emailed to email@example.com
WTS Advancing Women in Transportation is an international organization with 38 chapters (including Canada and the U.K.) serving over 4000 transportation professionals committed to excellence in the transportation industry. The organization provides a forum for the exchange of information, ideas, expertise; encourages the professional development of its members; and promotes industry recognition of women.