The Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations (AMPO) seeks a Program Manager to manage its membership program and aspects of the annual conference. The position is located in Washington, DC. See www.ampo.org for information regarding AMPO.
- Manage membership program, working directly with over 200 MPOs and transportation consulting firms.
- Answer inquiries and build and maintain relationships with members.
- Maintain membership database.
- Work with bookkeeper to generate, send, and track membership invoices.
- Provide membership report to AMPO Board.
- Responsible for the planning of AMPO’s Annual Conference, working directly with AMPO Technical Committee to develop program content.
- Manage all logistics onsite at the Annual Conference hotel.
- Solicit and secure sponsors and exhibitors.
- Work closely with the host MPO member organization to develop mobile workshops, organize volunteers, and other Annual Conference logistics.
- Assist executive director with managing and monitoring conference budget.
- Compile news from federal agencies, associations, MPOs, and policy and technical updates to include in a biweekly electronic newsletter, aMPO eMAIL.
- Edit transportation policy related documents from AMPO; including white papers, letters to congressional and executive branch offices, and updates to members.
- Update AMPO website, using Word Press.
- Assist with organizing AMPO Board and Committee activities.
- Develop and implement annual awards program, honoring organization and individual leaders in transportation planning.
- Represent AMPO at industry meetings with federal and association partners and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university, with three to five years of work experience, preferably in an association or non-profit setting.
- Ideal candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal, editing, and organization skills; takes initiative; meeting planning experience; knowledge of WordPress; and ability to work in a small, fast paced office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Occasional travel is required.
Salary and Benefits
AMPO offers a competitive salary, based on experience and qualifications. AMPO provides outstanding benefits (health, dental, disability insurance; retirement plan contribution; vacation and sick leave; pre-tax cafeteria plan; and transit benefit).
AMPO is an equal opportunity employer. Please provide a cover letter describing your interest in the position and qualifications, resume, and a short writing sample (no more than 3 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Place in the subject: Program Manager.
Applications can also be mailed to:
444 North Capitol St., NW
Washington, DC 20001
No phone calls please.