Associate Consultant II
To apply: Visit with us at www.pbworld.com; Click on Career Opportunities and enter job ID# 23772 for our NYC opening and 23771 for our Washington, D.C. opening.
Parsons Brinckerhoff, an international leader providing strategic consulting services to the infrastructure industry, has an opening in our Washington DC office for an Associate Consultant II to join our management consulting team. Parsons Brinckerhoff, founded in 1885, is one of the most respected, continually operating infrastructure consulting firms in the world. Throughout its 125-year history, Parsons Brinckerhoff’s commitment to quality has made it a recognized leader providing the knowledge and skill base that is borne of experience.
Our Strategic Consulting practice is focused on providing project development, finance, management consulting, economic analysis, and strategy support services to public and private infrastructure owners and operators primarily in the transportation sector with a focus on highways, transit and some aviation. In this capacity, we work with executive and senior management to improve performance and ensure the application of industry leading practices to help address tomorrow’s infrastructure challenges today.
We are recruiting motivated self-starters with demonstrated interest, knowledge and education in the transportation infrastructure industry to join a dynamic multidisciplinary team. We seek problem solvers who combine strong analytical skills and the ability to develop innovative solutions independently and master new concepts quickly with meticulous attention to detail to deliver high quality work.
Based in Washington DC or New York NY, you will work as an Associate Consultant in the capacity of a business and financial analyst with a national and international team on engagements for public and private sector clients that own, operate, and invest in transportation infrastructure assets.
As an Associate in our strategic consulting business line, you will work mainly on engagements that fall in to one or more of the following service areas: project finance, revenue and expenditure forecasting, financial modeling, project feasibility assessment, market analysis, economics analysis, asset management, transaction-related advisory services, public-private partnerships (PPP/P3), and related services to public and private infrastructure owners.
The Associate position offers great opportunities for professional growth; you will have the opportunity to work in multiple infrastructure sectors and contribute to the development of landmark projects. As an Associate, you will also have the opportunity to work directly with clients and subject-matter leaders on a regular basis.
Additional information about Parsons Brinckerhoff’s strategic consulting group may be found at http://www.pbworld.com/capabilities_projects/strategic_consulting/.
The successful candidate will exhibit and possess many of the following skills, interests, and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong quantitative focus and a major in business, economics, finance, operations research, transportation planning, civil engineering, or related field required;
- Advanced degree in business, economics, finance, transportation planning, civil engineering, systems engineering or related field is desirable;
- Excellent quantitative skills, knowledge of financial analysis, financial accounting principles, forecasting techniques, econometric and statistical analysis, and/or systems models/demand are highly desirable;
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills and experience with financial modeling, cash flow projections, and debt sizing analysis are highly desirable;
- Demonstrated quantitative management consulting or financial advisory experience is preferred;
- Ability to think creatively, work independently and deliver high quality work with minimal supervision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including preparing financial plan documents and presentations;
- Ability to work in a team environment, synthesize problems, and communicate point of view and analytical results;
- Strong interest or experience in the infrastructure industry and related sectors;
- Relevant professional work experience with increasing responsibility is highly desirable; and
- Immediate ability to work in this country required.
Parsons Brinckerhoff is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the work place. EOE minorities/ Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled.