Survey Analyst (New York-New Jersey Metro Area)
Louis Berger is a top 25 ENR firm, with offices in several locations in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan area. Berger is a multi-disciplinary engineering, planning, economic, and environmental consulting firm. The Economics and Financial Analysis department is seeking a qualified candidate to provide survey analysis support on-site for one of its clients, a transportation agency in Lower Manhattan. The candidate will provide support for surveys undertaken by the agency including origin-destination, external cordon, taxi, airport and others.
Specific duties would include:
· Preparing briefings and reports on the research performed for new travel surveys
· Collaborating with survey experts nationwide on tasks involving the development of survey design, sampling plan, recruitment and retrieval instrument design, survey implementation, data quality control and quality assurance
· Analyzing various existing Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) travel surveys to produce maps, charts, and tables. These surveys include:
o Regional Origin & Destination Surveys (RODS)
o Regional Establishment Surveys (RES)
o Regional Travel-Household Interview Surveys (RT-HIS)
o Regional Household Travel Surveys (RHTS)
o National Household Travel Survey (NHTS) New York State add-on
o Census Transportation Planning Package (CTPP)
o NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) GPS data.
· Developing data products for internal and external users
·Responding to data requests related to various travel surveys using tools such as SPSS, macros, SAS, ArcGIS, TransCAD, Excel, and Access Database to create tables, maps, charts, and queries
· 2+ years of professional experience in travel survey
· Master’s degree in transportation engineering, planning, geography and models
· Knowledge of survey data needs for travel demand model development and calibration
· Knowledge and experience in the development of survey designs, sampling plans, survey instruments, and other implementation processes
· Technical skills in the development and analysis of various travel surveys
· Expertise in analyzing Origin Destination Surveys, Census Transportation Planning Products (CTPP), and American Community Survey (ACS)
· Experience in using statistical software packages such as SPSS, SAS, and STATA
· Experience in GPS surveys/data analysis
· Good geodatabase management and analysis skills with software such as ArcGIS and TransCAD
· Good writing, editing and organization skills to prepare technical reports as required
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
o Experience in computer programming
o Knowledge of travel demand forecasting models
Louis Berger offers a competitive compensation package.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have eligibility to work in the US.
Preference will be given to candidates living in the proximity of the work location.
Candidates are required to submit their resumes on the Berger Online Resume System at the following website:
Please include salary history/requirements when responding.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veterans’ status.
If you would like to submit a form which will enter your personal information and resume into our Human Resource System and identify you as a candidate for this position, click here.
If you have difficulty using our resume system, please email email@example.com. Please note that we are unable to accept resumes via email.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opening, please visit the posting here: