Amtrak’s Finance Department has three openings on our Service Planning & Costing team. This team is primarily responsible for conducting financial evaluations and forecasts of proposed changes to Amtrak routes and services.
The three openings are for two Senior Service Planners and one Lead Service Planner. These positions are open immediately. If you are interested please submit your resume and cover letter through the career section of our website.
Amtrak has two immediate openings for Senior Planners and one opening for a Lead Planner in our Finance Department. We are recruiting experienced transportation planners with a demonstrated interest in financial analysis. These positions are part of our Service Planning & Costing team. The individuals fulfilling these roles will be responsible for the assessment of proposed changes to Amtrak routes and services. Planners will be expected to prepare, analyze and report on data required for business line planning (long distance, state-supported, and Northeast Corridor) and state partner estimates. Applicants should demonstrate experience working with various stakeholders, collaborating as part of a team, and have strong communication skills. Must be a self-starter.
– Provides analytical support for strategic planning and asset utilization decisions.
– Uses cost, capital and revenue models to estimate operating costs, capital and revenue impacts of proposed route and service changes.
– Develops and delivers supporting analyses and recommendations for service change requests.
– Understands and accesses available data and information (including Amtrak databases, reports, information from other internal departments) needed for assigned analytical tasks.
– Provides written and verbal presentation of recommendations in a consistent format.
– Works collaboratively with department personnel on assigned projects. Role may be as participant or project manager.