The FHWA Office of Planning, Environment, and Realty is pleased to announce the opening of a “Senior Transportation Specialist” position that will serve as the Planning Capacity Building Team Leader in the Office of Planning. The Office of Planning is responsible for the development and implementation of national policies, regulations, guidelines, standards, procedures, techniques, and initiatives to comply with the transportation planning and programming provisions. The position will:
- Serve as an authoritative advisor on a national basis within a wide area of transportation planning and capacity building issues and, as such, plays a major role in FHWA in developing and promoting national policies, programs, and procedures on numerous transportation and community planning and policy issues, and for providing authoritative advice, counsel, and interpretation of FHWA policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Provide leadership, coordination, and support for existing program activities and assessment of program direction in response to changes in internal and external needs.
- Possess a mastery of advanced concepts, principles and practices and serves as the national expert in the application of a variety of program focus areas within the Office of Planning.
- Coordinate and communicate with others on work activities within the Office’s area of responsibility.
The ideal candidate is a mid to senior level professional who functions independently and demonstrates leadership in team environments and managing people. You should also have strong analytical, strategic planning, and communication skills. Experience should also include analytical expertise and/or project/program oversight in capacity building and administering transportation planning projects, programs and processes. Experience in the analysis and/or improvement of transportation policy and an ability to meet organizational goals is also desirable.
- Open Period: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 to Monday, November 10, 2014
- Series and Grade: GS-2101-15
- Duty Location: One vacancy in Washington, DC
For those interested in knowing more about the position or applying, please see job announcement numbers FHWA.HEP-2015-0001 or FHWA.HEP-2015-0002:
- Open to all U.S. Citizens – https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/384978000
- Merit Promotion Vacancy (Open to all current Federal employees, those prior Feds with re-instatement eligibility rights & VEOA applicants) – https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/384977600
Should you have any questions regarding this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Automated Staffing Office at 202-366-1298. Thanks for your consideration!