NYCEDC is looking for an intern to support the development and implementation of the Ports and Transportation Department’s passenger transportation planning activities. Specifically, the department looks to expand ferry service in New York City, clarify and enhance policies related to waterfront infrastructure permitting, and develop the City’s port and maritime facilities. The intern will also support transit, aviation, freight and other department initiatives as assigned.
Provide general support with implementing East River Ferry and other ferry services including but not limited to:
- Organizing and analyzing performance data from NYCEDC-related ferry services
- Responding to information requests as needed for ferry-related inquiries
- Supporting implementation of a Citywide ferry plan, including working with consultants and preparing presentation materials
- Assisting with funding strategies for future ferry services (grant applications, legislative priorities, private partnerships)
- Conducting peer evaluations and research on best practices in passenger ferries
- Preparing agendas, minutes, briefs and executive summaries
- Performing field work as needed (potential activities include site visits, customer surveys and travel time studies)
- Assisting with project management administration and finances, including contract management and invoicing
- Supporting other department and division initiatives including aviation, freight planning, development projects and other economic development-oriented passenger transportation initiatives
- Developing and executing a self-guided project apart from tasks above, with staff support. Project may interact with coursework or research and should align with the department’s mission. Ideas and past projects include a small on-board origin-destination survey, a project plan for improved traveler information systems, and an in-depth data analysis of existing ridership and operations data.
For more information and to apply, CLICK HERE