Application Deadline: March 06, 2015
Founded in 1983, MTA Metro-North Railroad operates the Hudson, Harlem and New Haven Lines to seven counties in New York State and two counties in Connecticut. The railroad is a subsidiary of the country’s largest transportation network, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA). Metro-North carries about 750,000 commuters daily and works to provide customers with safe, reliable and quality service. Today, Metro-North operates over 384 route miles and 775 miles of track, linking the iconic Grand Central Terminal (GCT) in New York City with 121 stations in New York State andConnecticut. Additionally, the railroad has the Port Jervis and Pascack Valley lines which operate from New Jersey Transit’s Hoboken Terminal and connects with Penn Station in New York via the Secaucus Transfer. With a dynamic workforce of about 5,900, Metro-North rewards employee resourcefulness, encourages innovation and offers excellent job opportunities in a challenging and diverse environment.
Direct all projects and new initiatives for the Transportation Department and provide ongoing support/coordination for existing IT systems, platforms and programs.
- Perform all duties as identified in CFR as Designated CFR Pt. 217 Compliance Review Officer
- Implement FRA mandated ETS Program throughout Transportation, including; development of testing criteria, development and issue of periodic reporting, validation of testing and data, and interface with FRA, Operating Rules and Regulatory Oversight Departments
- Develop functional specifications and execute enhancements to existing Transportation Systems (ETS, IMS, TMIS, OBTS), coordinate training, routine auditing and documentation of systems
- Execute Project management and program development for new Operations Division initiatives as well as representing Transportation on cross functional project teams
- Identify future challenges for Transportation and design and implement strategic initiatives to address
- Control operating expenses in conformity with budget
- Direct departmental Priority One Safety initiatives and support inter-departmental Safety Goals and Objectives
- Knowledge of transportation operations systems such as ETS, IMS, TMIS, OBTS, or ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Knowledge of Operating Rules, Metro-North and Federal Regulations regarding operation of trains and equipment or ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Knowledge of Line and Terminal operations, equipment programs, Mechanical, Engineering and Station functions or ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Knowledge of Line and District inter-departmental functions and responsibilities or ability to obtain within six months of hire
- Demonstrated ability to lead the development and implementation of operating plans and strategic business initiatives
- Must possess strong leadership and inter-personal skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels/ departments in the Organization and with outside agencies
- Familiarity with collective bargaining agreements (ACRE-T&E, Yardmasters, and Rail Traffic Controllers)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills to effectively determine and resolve service delivery problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and Project) or comparable software packages
- A valid drivers license
- Bachelors Degree in Transportation, Business, Public Administration or other related fields
- Demonstrated equivalent experience, education and/or technical credentials, to include an additional 4 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of six (6) years progressively more complex experience in a Transportation Operations environment with emphasis on service delivery
- Minimum of four (4) years project management experience and/or supervision of a diverse workforce in an Operations Environment
If interested, please apply online at http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ (Job ID 82202).
MTA METRO-NORTH RAILROAD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.