Cambridge Systematics is adding Travel Demand Modelers to their teams in our Bethesda, MD and Chicago, IL.
The Travel Demand Modeler provides support to market research, model development and application (four-step and activity-based models), quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, geographic information system (GIS) projects, and network development. S/he also contributes to business development and project management activities, as assigned.
The Modeling or Travel Demand Forecasting (TDF) business line works to research, develop, and apply innovative and practical decision support tools, including transportation models. This practice is built on a foundation of expert skills, quality assurance, customer service, and effective teamwork. This position would successfully leverage a variety of planning, engineering, market research, statistical analysis, visualization, and software development and application techniques to provide insights into existing conditions and problems, forecast alternative outcomes, and explain complex traveler (and consumer) behavior mechanisms.
- Master’s degree. 0-1 years of experience
- Knowledge of travel demand modeling, transportation planning applications, statistical analysis, GIS, and model estimation techniques
- Experience working with one or more of the major travel demand forecasting planning packages, statistical packages, and GIS
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Programming experience in GISDK, Cube/TP+, or other model scripting languages or other programming languages
- Strong oral and written communications skills
For additional information and to apply, visit to their website: http://www.camsys.com/HR/index.htm.