RS&H is currently seeking a Traffic Engineering I for the Transportation-Infrastructure Practice in their Jacksonville, FL office.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. They are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms and have worked in over 50 countries across the globe. With a tradition that began in 1941, RS&H is an employee-owned firm committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation.
The selected candidate will be involved in assisting clients with providing viable solutions to mobility, traffic congestion and safety while addressing FDOT and FHWA processes and guidelines.
- Traffic engineering evaluations and analysis, including traffic operation analysis, capacity analysis, interchange access analysis and operations of managed lanes
- Traffic simulation modeling with VISSIM and/or CORSIM
- Crash/safety studies
- Production of documentation and reports
- Support the RS&H Traffic Engineering Team’s development into connected vehicles and ITS
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline
- 0-2 years of experience within the field of traffic engineering, with a preference for previous internship experience
- EIT certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with general supervision as well as within a collaborative team environment
- Experience with traffic simulation modeling such as VISSIM or CORSIM analysis and traffic analysis tools, such as HCS and Synchro
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Strong work ethic aligning with the company’s mission and core values
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- Accredited Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or other professionally recognized equivalent discipline is also desirable
- Experience with ITS
- Experience in Travel Demand Modeling is a plus, preferably CUBE or FSUTMS
If this sounds like the role for you, apply here.