NYC Citi Bike seeks an experienced Director of Customer Experience. The successful individual will be part of a team that focuses on the success of an innovative bicycle transportation system, with emphasis on delivering a world class customer experience. This Director will have responsibility for five key departments. This position will report to the General Manager for NYCBS.
- Manage 5 key departments: Rebalancing, Station Tech Department, Dispatch/Field Operations, Call Center and Bike Shop
- Delivery a world class customer experience by analyzing satisfaction results and developing actionable plans based on data
- Establish staffing plan and schedules necessary to achieve key performance indicators in each of the departments and beyond as needs dictate
- Training on all aspects of the bike sharing system
- Obtaining facilities, vehicles and equipment to assemble and install hundreds of stations and thousands of bicycles
- Coordination of multiple parties, including, DOT, Site planners, employees, and internal administration
- Hiring and training employees on assembly and installation of bikes and stations
- Lead all aspects of ongoing projects/enhancements
- Close coordination with customer service team to listen to and serve the needs of the customers
- Strong product sensibility
- Ensure safe workplace conditions and OHS compliance
- Ensure development, improvement, and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure timely and complete record keeping in all functional areas
• Undergraduate/graduate degree in business, operations, engineering or related field
• Minimum 5 years of operations background, including proven experience managing large operations teams
• Proficient in Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Google Applications, and ability to learn new software
• Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated personal and professional commitment to the vision, mission and values of sustainable transportation
• Ability to coordinate and maintain strong ongoing relationships among multiple parties, including employees, manufacturers, subcontractor(s) and clients
• Ability to understand technical aspects of the software and the hardware capabilities and needs of a bike share system
• Organized thinker, with the ability to self-direct under a high pressure environment with changing deadlines
• Ability to drive continuous improvements of the operations that are in line with international standards and company corporate initiatives
• Comfortable in a high-pressure, high-visibility, start-up environment
• Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Travel as required
Note: The above description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities due to the nature of work performed to accomplish NYCBS’ Mission.
For additional information, view the description and apply for the job by clicking here.
Citi is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.