(Job Number: 15014601)
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Through ACS, A Xerox Company, which Xerox acquired in February 2010, Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide. The 130,000 people of Xerox serve clients in more than 160 countries.
Xerox State & Local Solutions Inc., A Xerox Company (Fortune 500 firm), provides technology based services, focusing on electronic toll collection, transactional processing, program management and systems integration services. They are seeking a Senior Level Operations Manager for the E-Z Pass New York project to serve as the primary person focusing solely on providing “superior customer service”. The successful candidate will be able to provide a consistent experience for the customer regardless of the issue.
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of the daily operations of all Customer Service functions, including the Call Center, Operations, Violations Processing and Walk-in Centers. In addition, this position will have oversight and management of key staffing subcontractors on the program.
This position will report directly to the Customer Care Capability Leader with dotted line responsibility to the Program Manager and will have direct supervision over several key Functional Departmental Managers, and indirectly be responsible for over 300 front line employees. They will ensure there is compliance with required contract performance standards and will have heavy interaction with 3 key client contacts. Preparation of financial budgets, management of P&L Statements and forecasting responsibilities are included.
- Lead all of the customer-facing functions across the program
- Manage to departmental P&L responsibilities and provide input into the budget and forecast process
- Ensure that all performance standards are met and that a high level of customer service is provided to all internal and external customers
- Coach, develop and lead direct reports in all areas of people management activity
- Work closely with vendors/subcontractors to ensure that quality standards are met
- Interact with Development staff to work issues and develop new processes to improve workflow and program performance.
- Drive continuous improvements to departmental processes to increase productivity, enhance the customer experience and reduce costs and risks through operational and technological enhancements. Observe and evaluate existing processes and then make the necessary changes and adjustments to achieve greater efficiency and success
- Build a culture of excellence and exceptional customer service. Promote and champion team spirit, morale and engagement through employee recognition and effective communication.
- Develop, track and monitor key Customer Service metrics to manage the organization effectively
- Establish and develop relationships with key stakeholders across the program and with our client Project Managers
- Monitor customer escalations, issue trends and workload forecasting
- Ensure excellent internal communication to help foster a customer-centric operation
- Identify opportunities for additional revenue by gaining a thorough understanding of the customer’s business needs and assist with developing proposals for such opportunities
- Some domestic travel may be required to meet with clients, vendors, subcontractors and customers
- This individual must have the proven ability to manage a large staff of at least 200+ employees in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have strong communication and customer service skills
- Experience in the Electronic Toll Collection Industry is preferred
- Experience in large scale program and project management, coordination of services subcontractors’ activities to meet scope, schedule and budget
- Ability to make operational decisions in a fast paced, high stress environment
- Ability to remain calm and exercise tact and diplomacy in researching and resolving customer complaints and in dealing with employees
- Ability to work independently with limited management supervision
- Demonstrate strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal communication skills along with proven negotiation and client relationship skills
- The individual in this position must have strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills. They must be detail-oriented and must be proficient in all areas of customer service. Strong inter-personal skills are required to be successful in this role
- Experience in communicating and working with clients
- A Bachelor’s Degree, is preferred, along with a minimum of 5 years’ related management experience is required.
To apply for this position and for additional information, view the online application here: https://xerox.taleo.net/careersection/xerox_shared_external_portal/jobdetail.ftl?job=15014601.