The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) is proud to announce that they are now accepting applications for their 2016 LeadershipITE class. The application can be found by visiting their website: www.ite.org/leadership/.
Target participants will represent the diversity of our community in age, gender, ethnicity and discipline. These individuals will engage in an intensive program of workshops, conferences, team projects, and other activities that address the challenges and opportunities facing the transportation profession and ITE. Through this program, LeadershipITE participants will explore current issues in transportation; develop and hone leadership competencies; and build the professional network required to excel as leaders in ITE, in their places of employment and communities. Click here for a brief overview of the 2014 LeadershipITE program.
The primary components of the program include:
- 3 multi-day workshops
- A program kick-off, leadership workshop and national transportation policy symposium and workshop will be held in conjunction with a meeting of the International Board of Direction at ITE Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- A leadership workshop and class activities will be held in conjunction with an ITE Annual Meeting and Exhibit
- A leadership workshop, class activities and graduation will be held in conjunction with an ITE technical meeting
- Professionally facilitated team-building and leadership development exercises
- Small team projects addressing real-world issues facing ITE and its members
- Networking opportunities with international transportation leaders and decision makers
- Ongoing alumni activities and networking events
The class schedule is as follows:
January 8-9, 2016, Washington, DC (Prior to TRB)
April 9-10, 2016, Nashville, TN (ITE Board Meeting and ITE Southern District Meeting)
August 13-14, 2016, Anaheim, CA (ITE Annual Meeting)