The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) is the agency responsible for licensing and regulating New York City’s yellow taxicabs, for-hire vehicles (community-based liveries and black cars), commuter vans, paratransit vehicles, and certain luxury limousines. The TLC licenses and regulates over 50,000 vehicles and approximately 100,000 drivers, performs safety and emissions inspections, and holds numerous hearings for violations of City and TLC rules and regulations, making it the most active taxi and limousine licensing regulatory agency in the United States.
The Director of Fiscal Operations is responsible for managing fiscal responsibilities of the Taxi and Limousine Commission, including administering accounts payable, revenue accounting, as well as all banking functions. The position offers an opportunity to play a strategic role in the rollout of certain programs for TLC licensees and advise senior management on budgetary and fiscal matters. The position requires close interface with the agency’s budgeting function to ensure alignment with City and agency fiscal policies and procedures. This work includes but is not limited to:
• Lead a team of 7 accounting staff members and 11 cashiers to implement the agency’s general accounting functions as noted above. Verify the integrity and accuracy of the agency’s financial operations.
• Implement and monitor the agency’s compliance with Citywide and agency fiscal policies and procedures, including local and federal accounting requirements as well as State and City Comptroller directives.
• Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting as well as ad hoc reports as necessary.
• Coordinate the issuance of refunds, as necessary.
• Assist with annual budget development and financial plans in coordination with the budgeting function. Support analysis and forecast of revenue collections and expenditures in coordination with budget analysts.
• Serve as the primary fiscal officer for other city agencies such as New York City Department of Finance, Financial Information Services Agency, and New York City Office of the Controller, as well as the Office of the State Comptroller.
• Provide support relating to internal and external audits.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college including or supplemented by 24 credits in accounting, including one course each in advanced accounting, auditing, and cost accounting and four years of satisfactory full-time professional accounting or auditing experience, at least 18 months of which must have been in an administrative, managerial, or executive capacity or supervising a staff performing accounting or auditing work; or
2. A valid New York State Certified Public Accountant license and at least 18 months of satisfactory full-time professional accounting or auditing experience in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity or supervising a staff performing accounting or auditing work.
Interested candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, effective problem-solving skills, and the ability to prioritize, manage time, and engage in multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. 7-10 years of accounting and budgetary experience desired. At least 5 years of progressive management years preferred.
To apply visit http://www1.nyc.gov/jobs/index.page and Search Taxi & Limousine Job ID #219494