The Engineering Manager with the City of Cambridge, MA Traffic, Parking, and Transportation (M532-001) leads and manages the Department’s engineering unit, which oversees traffic signals, signs, and pavement markings; manages and coordinates consultant studies and designs; performs data collection; assists in development review; provides design guidance to other City departments; and addresses resident concerns.
This person in this position functions as a key member of the Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Department’s senior management team, assisting in implementing the Department’s key strategic safety, mobility, and community initiatives, preparing for future change, and providing excellent customer service.
- Seven or more years of experience in traffic and/or transportation engineering required
- Direct supervisory experience or a combination of experience that provides an equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to explain technical information and analysis to the general public
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or other related technical field
- Master’s degree in a relevant technical field, preferred
- Professional Engineer registration desired, as is Professional Traffic Operations Engineer certification
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities within a complex, multi-disciplinary, multi-variate environment
- Strong information technology experience preferred, including knowledge of GIS, CAD, and graphical presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing change, and creating an integrated team capable of delivering a high quality product while balancing multiple competing concerns
The salary for this position: $82,851.60- $97,895.32 annually.
For a detailed job description please visit their website at www.cambridgema.gov and click on ‘Jobs’. Please submit a resume and letter of interest by 8pm on November 30, 2015 via email to: email@example.com.