Battelle’s Transportation Business Line is currently seeking a Transportation Research Associate. This position located in Arlington, VA.
Provide support with projects under contract with the U.S. Department of Transportation, Transportation Research Board, State, and local entities. The Junior Transportation Research Associate will help to support transportation research, analysis, data collection, and reporting activities. This position will support the development of technical documents for local, state, regional and/or national government initiatives that aim to influence and change behavior of the public and/or professionals (i.e., transportation engineers, state and local officials, planning and policy professionals). This position requires some knowledge of transportation engineering principles and interest in research and development. The candidate is expected to work on a full-time basis and report to the main office location in Arlington, VA. Role requires some travel to project sites (within the US) to support meetings, including meeting preparation and facilitation, writing reports, and supporting web presentation.
- Research on transportation topics including, but not limited to: transportation operations, work zones, connected vehicles, intelligent transportation systems, freight, mobility, rail, and safety
- Data collection and analysis
- Report preparation/technical writing
- Meeting preparation, attendance, and documentation
- Interact daily with functional peer groups, project leads, and management
- Interact with outside customers
- Contribute to proposals and project development planning activities
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated understanding of surface transportation operation, policy, safety, and/or planning topics
- Demonstrated research and analytical abilities
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
To view the complete job posting, click here.