Transportation Policy Manager – Eastern U.S.
This position is located in Washington, DC.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Transportation Policy Manager to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Director of Transportation Policy, the Transportation Policy Manager will manage Lyft’s work on transportation, infrastructure, public transit, and environmental policy issues in the Eastern United States. S/he will own relationships with transportation, planning, and environmental agencies, monitoring issues that impact Lyft and developing policy positions. This individual will frequently interface with federal, state, and local agency officials, NGOs, thought leaders, and academic researchers, while working closely with Lyft’s Public Policy and Federal teams. A suitable candidate will be passionate about the positive impacts of Lyft as a transportation mode, excited to evangelize the Lyft vision, and be ready for significant regional travel commitments. Transportation nerds: this one’s for you!
- Monitor transportation, infrastructure, and environmental policy developments within the Eastern region, identifying strategic opportunities for Lyft and forming policy proposals and positions when appropriate
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with senior transportation policy officials and technical staff at all levels of government, from city DOTs and regional MPOs to state transportation departments
- Partner closely with Lyft’s Federal team to advance Lyft’s interests with technical federal agency staff
- Partner closely with counterparts on the Eastern Public Policy team to activate transportation policy allies on state and local regulatory matters
- Develop Lyft’s relationships with transportation policy experts at national NGOs, trade associations, and think tanks based in DC
- Represent Lyft through public speaking engagements at industry conferences and events in Washington, DC and throughout the Eastern U.S.
Experience and Skills
- Experienced mid-career professional with strong and diverse experience working in transportation policy and deep subject matter expertise in passenger transportation
- Relevant background may include staff positions at large city or state transportation agencies, federal agencies, and legislative committees, and/or specialist transportation policy positions at national NGOs or think tanks
- Experienced and fearless public speaker
- Charismatic, intellectually astute individual with ability to quickly learn highly technical policy subject matter and communicate about it in a compelling, relatable way
- Respected leader with a national network of transportation policy contacts
- Strong knowledge of the TNC business model and policy issues, as well as FTA regulatory policies
- Expertise in energy and electric vehicle policy a plus
- Advanced degree preferred but not required (relevant fields: law, policy, transportation planning, engineering)
Lyft is an EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce, and pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For the full job description and to apply for this position go to