Parking Planner II
Parking Authority of Baltimore City
This position is located in Baltimore, Maryland.
The Parking Planner II will examine parking issues at a neighborhood level and work with community stakeholders in developing solutions. The position will also conduct parking studies, evaluate on-street parking regulations, and provide recommendations to improve upon current operations. In addition, will collect and maintain data using GIS (Geographical Information System) software.
- Meet with community members, other City staff, and/or developers about events or developments that may affect parking in a particular area, including multiple planning meetings, developing agendas and facilitating/leading meetings;
- Act as liaison and representative at inter-agency meetings such as Site Plan Review, Planning Commission Hearings, and Task Force meetings;
- Investigate City Council Bills that require comments from the PABC, draft comments for the Executive Director’s signature, submit, and attend associated hearings at City Hall;
- Conduct occasional site visits, reaching out to other agencies for information, and researching current legislation;
- Design and conduct field investigations and analyze data to assess the occupancy of parking supply;
- Based on observations made by community members, other City staff, or developers, design a method of investigation: create map of study area, design study table, and select times of study. Synthesize data and conduct basic statistical analysis using Excel;
- Provide updates to community stakeholders as study is being conducted and create presentation of results;
For the full job description and to apply for this position visit the Parking Authority of Baltimore City website.