Bus Operations Coordination Supervisor
Fairfax County Department of Transportation
This position is located in Fairfax, VA.
- Oversees and coordinates the Fairfax Connector bus service delivery in Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Performs operational support activities ensuring that the safe delivery of service functions on the Fairfax Connector are provided and maintained in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Coordinates with service delivery contractor on service delivery issues with an emphasis on contract compliance and quality assurance.
- Attends meetings with key team members, including fleet, facilities and service planning staff. Conducts field inspection(s).
- Attends contractor safety meetings.
- Identifies and validates service planning issues and recommends solutions.
- Performs bus service planning activities in coordination with other section team members.
- Analyzes operational data to document performance and contract compliance, as well as compiles information in reports (safety, training, etc.) for the management team.
- Should be a self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Provides technical analysis of the transportation impacts on land development applications.
- Coordinates license agreements for Fairfax Connector operation on non-county property.
- Coordinates and oversees charter requests and regular charter service for the Wolf Trap Foundation.
- Undertakes special projects and assignments related to Fairfax Connector Operations; assists with all planning aspects of emergency preparedness and related activities.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban, regional or transportation planning, or a closely related field; plus two years of experience related to transportation planning.
For the full position description and to apply for this position visit the Fairfax County jobs website.