Senior Associate Transportation Planner
This position is located in Seattle, WA.
Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates is seeking a highly organized, independent, and motivated senior-level staff member for our nationally recognized multimodal planning practice in the Seattle office. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to become involved in supporting and growing our leading work in developing transportation systems for vibrant, livable communities in the Pacific Northwest and around the country. We are seeking an individual with at least seven years of experience and a strong interest in integrated, multimodal transportation planning as well as some background in developing sustainable strategies to improve community accessibility and mobility.
Nelson\Nygaard develops sustainable transportation solutions for people. Our work emphasizes creative, innovative transportation planning, and community involvement, often within a wider set of goals such as economic development and reduced dependence on the private automobile.
Nelson\Nygaard offers a dynamic and self-directed work environment that is fast-paced, congenial, and supportive. This is your opportunity to work with one of the most innovative groups of planners and engineers in the United States, including highly talented junior and support staff. Our office culture is built upon diversity and creativity.
The ideal candidate should have a broad range of transportation and urban planning experience, preferably with a focus on multimodal planning and design. A candidate should be able to demonstrate significant expertise in at least five of the following areas:
- Citywide transportation planning and analysis
- Campus transportation planning
- Parking management
- Bicycle/pedestrian facility planning
- Street design guidelines
- Data collection and performance assessments
- Multimodal/intermodal facility planning
- Transit station area planning
- Transit service planning
- Transportation demand management
- Transport policy, funding, and governance
- Paratransit and demand-responsive services
- Advanced graphics communications (InDesign, Illustrator, SketchUp, Photoshop)
- Computer traffic modeling (Synchro, VISSIM, TransCAD)
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Creatively solve multimodal transportation problems
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills
- Possess proven experience in managing projects within budget
- Work successfully with clients, members of the public, and project teams
- Outline and prepare successful proposals and reports
- Analyze a wide range of transportation data and manage the completion of technical analyses, feasibility studies, and other transportation reports
- Prepare and give effective presentations
- Participate in firm-wide strategic planning activities to ensure that we continue to build on our mission and core values
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Organize and supervise data collection activities in the office and the field
For the full position description and to apply for this position visit the Nelson\Nygaard Careers website.