Summer 2017 Internship Opportunity – NJ TRANSIT Bus Service Planning
Application deadline: April 21, 2017
This position is located in NJT Headquarters, 1 Penn Plaza, Newark, New Jersey
Under the direction of NJ TRANSIT’s Director of Bus Service Planning and under the direction of Principal & Senior Service Planners within the Bus Service Planning unit, the intern will be responsible for performing various tasks associated with the service planning process pertaining to public bus routes and services in Northern New Jersey.
- Review passenger and/or operating data and learn how to property identify service issues affecting bus routes in Northern New Jersey.
- Outline data collection needs for the resolution of specific bus service problems.
- Develop specific service proposals for quarterly bus service changes to remedy problems or improve service quality and develop bus operation plans with appropriate levels of supporting data.
- Conduct tasks necessary for the timely implementation of bus service changes including the preparation of information packages (public timetables & customer notices) for internal and external communication.
Requirements & knowledge
Full or part time enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program with a focus on any of the following fields of study: transportation, planning, engineering, economics, finance or accounting or related. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent required.
- Work Hours: up to 40 work hours per week available either as full days or partial days.
- Duration of Internship: Commencing early June 2017 thru mid-August 2017. Possibility of continuing internship thru Fall 2017.
- Compensation: Internships are paid a rate of $12.00/hr. to $20.00/hr. based upon academic credentials
- To apply, submit a cover letter highlighting areas of specific learning/career interest along with a resume including daytime contact information (please include e-mail address and contact phone number) to:
Mr. Brian Siegel, Senior Planner
1 Penn Plaza East – 4 th Floor
Newark, NJ 07105-2246
Via e-mail to: email@example.com