This position is located in Memphis, TN
he Transportation Planner has responsibility for creating shipment plans and managing delivery exceptions to ensure customer delivery requirements are met. The person selected for this position will be utilizing SAP technology and processes in a centralized environment supporting company manufacturing and distribution facilities.
The Transportation Planner performs shipment planning and management functions for freight originating at one or more IP facilities. The daily responsibilities involve providing timely shipments for execution and managing exceptions at assigned facilities. In this role, the planner will effectively analyze freight consolidation and optimization, mode selection, and carrier selection to meet service requirements at minimum cost. This position serves as the primary contact for customer service, replenishment planning, carriers, and facilities for transportation assistance requests and acts as the first call resolution for transportation emergencies.
- Daily transportation planning, and carrier assignment for one or more manufacturing facilities
- Ensure shipments are monitored and exceptions resolved prior to failures
- Review the TMS (Transportation Management System) recommended solutions to ensure most economical freight cost
- Communicate with customer service, replenishment planning, and facility shipping teams to meet cost and service objectives
- Work within the CTE Team to understand trends, obstacles, and opportunities for improvements
- Transportation planning for returns and diversions
- Participate in process improvement teams
For more information and to see the full job posting, visit International Paper’s career website.