Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT)
The work location for this position can be at any MoDOT office (Kansas City, St. Louis, Jefferson City, Springfield, Hannibal, St. Joseph, or Sikeston)
• Develops and maintains a statewide program of innovations in program delivery, including coordinating with staff to identify, develop, and facilitate innovative options.
• Assists the division director in promoting the division’s programs, and driving and communicating results; represents the department in state and local technical meetings and research panels on policy and innovation programs.
• Works with statewide teams to develop statewide and local-level policy and innovation projects; identifies empirical trends and policy implications of innovative projects and programs and incorporates into project plans, working papers, and published materials.
• Writes, summarizes, and edits research findings and analyses into narrative and/or graphic form to be incorporated into discussion papers, surveys, and other publications and social media; reviews and edits work from team members and external contributors.
• Assists in writing proposals for future projects and grant applications submitted to federal agencies; develops Requests for Proposals for project and program deliverables for contractors, vendors, and consultants.
• Presents research and policy findings to internal and external partners, the general public, and media; authors a newsletter of division activities and program status updates.
• Collects, compiles, and summarizes trends and policy developments for presentation to internal and external stakeholders, including state legislative committees, university research panels, and private sector partners.
• Develops relationships with peer staff at government agencies and other organizations; builds and maintains a network with policy and research partners, internal planning partners, and external community stakeholders.
• Maintains knowledge of policy developments at the federal, state, and local levels in transportation and innovative policy.
• Performs supervisory responsibilities in a manner consistent with the department’s Affirmative Action Plan.
• Performs other responsibilities as required or assigned.
For more information and to see the full job posting, visit MoDOT’s career website.