Hey YPT members this is your opportunity to get involved in building an organization dedicated to the professional advancement and development of young professionals in the field of transportation. We need your help and look forward to your participation in the elections and your contributions toward another great year ahead!
What are the Board Positions?
The 9-Board position descriptions can be found here.
What exactly does being on the Board of Directors entail?
Directors typically offer a time commitment of 3-5 hours per week. Directors must be able to call into monthly Board of Directors meetings and may be asked to attend a yearly Board meeting.
Why should you join?
Be part of a team that is running a 10-year old nonprofit where you can build on your current skills or gain new skills. This is a great experience for keeping your resume up to date. Also if you like working in a diverse environment with forward thinking individuals, then you’ll fit in just fine. Our team is also comprised of enthusiastic transportation professionals of all backgrounds who are collectively working together to make sure our growing YPT international chapters are sustainable. Keep reading if you are inclined to join our team.
Nominations for the nine Board of Director positions should be submitted by e-mail to YPT at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here’s what you should submit to us in a single PDF.
- Your name
- Contact information
- The position(s) for which you are seeking nomination
- Candidate statement (1 page or less) addressing why you would like to serve on the YPT International Board of Directors.
Candidate and Voting Eligibility
How does one know if they can run and or vote?
In order to run for a YPT International Board of Directors position or vote in the elections you must:
Already be or become a paid YPT Member by October 1, 2019, 11:59 PM EST
If you think you are already a Member but are unsure, you can check your membership status.
- September 13, 2019, 11:50 PM EST Nominations for the nine Board of Director positions should be submitted by e-mail to YPT at email@example.com.
- October 1, 2019: All eligible voters will receive the full slate of candidate statements via email (there will also be a local chapter slate sent that day).
- October 14, 2019: Election ballots to be sent out by International to eligible voting Members for all Chapter and International elections at 9:00 AM EDT.
- October 25, 2019: Online elections close at 8:00 PM EDT. International and Chapter board members and nominees will be notified of election results shortly thereafter.
- November 1, 2019: New Board term for all winning candidates begins.
Pending any runoff elections, the results will be made available to the YPT membership in early November.