For information on how to post jobs on our site and have jobs posted in our monthly email please contact (Sponsorship@yptransportation.org).
StreetLight Data, the pioneer in Big Data for mobility, is revolutionizing transportation and urban planning to help the world better deploy infrastructure and adapt to new forms of mobility. From legacy systems to ride sharing and bike sharing to autonomous vehicles, our platform powers 6,000+ mobility projects every month for government and private clients, and we’re just getting started.
Streetlight Data is seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as a Quality Assurance Engineer. This individual will lead the quality effort to ensure our InSight® web application is of high quality, and that it meets the needs of our clients who are working to solve transportation problems. The position reports to the Director of QA.
- Ensure new releases of the StreetLight InSight web application are of very high quality, in terms of both usability and data metrics correctness
- Provide oversight and participate in overall project/systems/performance testing, analyze business requirements and technical documentation, document test strategies and test plans, design and execute manual test cases
- Develop new, and maintain existing QA automation test suites in each sprint
- Conduct test code reviews, peer reviews, setup and maintain test data
- Review test plans and provide mentorship to junior team members
- Perform bug regression, and run sanity tests at the end of a release, as necessary
- Interface with product owners, developers, and scrum master on business requirements, release planning, and bug triaging
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience in a QA role at an enterprise SaaS application company
- Understands quality management practices, key processes, and wide range of quality metrics in a agile development environment.1+ years experience in relational database using SQL
- Expert in QA automation tools, such as TestCafe, Selenium or Protractor with an IDE and Github
- Testing Tools experience with Jira, Test Rails, Selenium is strongly desired, Java or Python for automation is also important
- Ability to learn new features quickly, understand the user’s point of view, and create complete test cases
- Good communication skills, and ability to collaborate with Product Management, Development and QA team members
- Experience in performance, security and accessibility testing is a plus
- Experience with geospatial data is a plus
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.