For information on how to post jobs on our site and have jobs posted in our monthly email please contact (Sponsorship@yptransportation.org).
Many thanks to our Bike Level Sponsor, MASCO, for their continued support!
MASCO is seeking a talented and motivated Transportation Planner. This is an outstanding opportunity for a hands-on, multi-modal planner to contribute to transportation strategies, studies, and designs for the Longwood Medical and Academic Area (LMA), one of Boston’s busiest and most dynamic neighborhoods and an epicenter of innovation, culture, education and healthcare. The position also supervises one of the region’s first Transportation Management Associations (TMAs), CommuteWorks which provides innovative TDM programs to our twenty member institutions. Learn more about MASCO here.
MASCO (Medical Academic Scientific Community Organization, Inc.) is a $36-million nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life and create a sense of community in the Longwood Medical Area (LMA) for patients, residents, employees, students, and visitors. The LMA spans across 213 acres and is located just three miles southwest of downtown Boston.
The right candidate will be a highly motivated, mission- and values-driven planner who is committed to customer service, has an operational focus, and is able to manage sophisticated projects leveraging strong analytical and communications skills. This visible role requires successful stakeholder engagement and relationship management across a diverse constituency— from executives of world-renowned institutions, to public sector leaders, to area employees and residents.
- Serve as lead planner for master programming and technical assistance efforts designed to meet institutional needs for parking and multimodal transportation access.
- Perform regional and district-level studies of transportation infrastructures to support emergency vehicle, patient, visitor and employee access needs.
- Lead initiatives to improve walking, biking, transit, micro-mobility, shared mobility, and vehicular access.
- Assist in project implementation by working collaboratively with members and public agencies to achieve political support and funding.
- Manage the work of transportation planner and engineer consultants.
- Assist in development of policy positions, advocacy strategies and materials presentation.
- Communicate transportation-related interests with several boards and serve as a liaison to transportation agencies at the local and state levels.
- Work with other planners to incorporate aspects of the transportation systems with other area plans.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience and bachelor’s degree in related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Knowledge of city and state transportation project development, planning and funding processes.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Patience and flexibility to meet demands of a changing environment.
- Ability to handle information with diplomacy and confidentiality.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Monthly MBTA subsidy or FREE offsite parking
- 3 weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement/ professional development
- 401(k) plan with generous employer contribution
MASCO is where talent and motivation come together to do impactful work for the Longwood community. Take your career to the next level with us!
MASCO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value an inclusive work environment celebrates the diversity represented by our employees and member institutions. Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Learn more at https://www.masco.org/about/careers