Are you interested in leveraging your technical planning and analytical skills to help improve transportation decision making? If so, High Street could be the place for you! Join our team and play a key role in helping our transportation agency clients prepare for the future.
High Street is a growing 25+ person transportation planning, policy, and analytics consulting firm seeking a transportation technical planning expert for a fulltime position that requires a combination of analytical, project management, and research skills.
New hire will support transportation planning, programming, and policy work for a range of federal, state, and local/regional transportation agencies. The right candidate must possess both technical and policy-oriented planning skills, proven writing ability, aptitude for managing multiple tasks, and a strong interest in creative and critical thinking with regard to consideration of transportation issues. Must be self-motivated and comfortable executing tasks independently. Duties may include:
- Evaluating performance impacts of transportation investments;
- Developing and documenting technical methodologies/assumptions;
- Forecasting long-range transportation needs;
- Implementing multiple objective decision analysis;
- Spatially joining and processing transportation data;
- Communicating with technical client staff; and
- Creating automated tools.
- 5 years of work experience or master’s degree in transportation planning or similar discipline
- Must possess permanent U.S. work authorization
- Experience evaluating transportation project impacts with respect to but not limited to safety, mobility, and preservation performance measures
- The ability to write statistical code to forecast future transportation performance with and without funded sets of projects
- Proven track record prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and succinctly
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, public policy, or a related field
- Transportation asset management and long-range transportation planning experience. R/Python and GIS scripting skills
LOCATION & TRAVEL
High Street’s team and clients are located throughout the United States. This position may require travel. Work will largely be remote, but preferred locations include Pittsburgh, Chicago, Atlanta, and Austin.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
High Street provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, opportunity for performance-based bonus, and 401k program. Please send a resume and cover letter or cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.