For information on how to post jobs on our site and have jobs posted in our monthly email please contact (Sponsorship@yptransportation.org).
Equity Environmental Engineering, LLC is a growing professional firm providing services in engineering, city planning, environmental remediation, real estate development, and environmental consulting. We are recognized in multiple industries for our professional expertise, and commitment to client service.
We have a 17-year history supporting our clients in their city, state, and federal environment review, investigation, and remediation needs. Our engineers, scientists, and planners offer innovative and economical services and maintain state-of-the-art technology to meet our clients’ needs.
We are seeking to hire an experienced Traffic/Transportation Engineer/Planner in our Mount Olive, NJ office. The ideal candidate will bring civil engineering design and planning experience with a focus on level of service analysis and mitigation for vehicular, pedestrian, and transit and a full understanding of travel demand planning and parking demand analysis. Traffic engineering and planning experience with NYCDOT is required and experience with CEQR NYC transportation analysis is highly favored. Experience with NYSDOT, NJDOT, and CONNDOT is also a plus. This position offers an excellent career development opportunity for someone looking to grow with Equity, with potential for not only business and personal growth but also ownership in the firm.
The successful candidate should have experience managing a project team, coordinating with clients, and leading the delivery of traffic engineering, transportation planning, and/or design projects. In addition to project delivery responsibilities, candidates must demonstrate the ability to manage personnel, budgets, schedules, sub-consultants, and client interaction.
- Prepare project budgets, schedules, and specifications for labor and materials
- Manage transportation analysis required for development projects, including rezoning actions and other discretionary actions requiring evaluation under NYC CEQR requirements.
- Ability to manage in-field data collection for traffic, pedestrian, transit, and parking studies
- Parking demand studies, queuing analysis
- Investigate traffic problems and recommend methods to improve traffic flow or safety
- Analyze the environmental impact statements for transportation projects
- Inspect completed transportation projects to ensure compliance with environmental regulations
- Review development plans to determine potential traffic impacts
- Present data, maps, or other information at construction-related public hearings or meetings
- Prepare administrative, technical, or statistical reports on traffic-operation matters, such as accidents, safety measures, or pedestrian volume or practices.
- Evaluate transportation systems or traffic control devices or lighting systems to determine the need for modification or expansion.
- Model transportation scenarios to evaluate the impacts of activities such as new development or to identify possible solutions to transportation problems.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree; Civil Engineering or related area of study are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in traffic engineering, planning
- Strong knowledge of NYC CEQR transportation analysis requirements.
- NYC DOT experience required
- Ability to provide AUTOTURN analysis
- PE license in the State of NJ and NY required
- A creative problem solver with well-rounded transportation/traffic planning, analysis, and engineering skills and the ability to work independently, learn fast, and balance multiple projects, often with short schedule and quick deadlines
- Ability to lead a project and supervise technical staff.
- Strong knowledge of SYNCHRO, HCS, and similar traffic analysis software used by NYCDOT
- Proficiency in GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, and Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to illustrate, traffic/transportation, urban planning, and design concepts graphically in a clear and effective manner.
To be determined based upon experience and capacity to take leadership in the firm.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA with company match)
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off and Holidays