· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Software.
· Excellent knowledge and understanding of fixed route transportation principles and practices.
· Excellent understanding of transit scheduling software.
· Knowledge of Federal Transit Administration drug regulations in both substance abuse and alcohol recognition for reasonable suspicion.
· Knowledge of employee counseling techniques and collective bargaining procedures and laws.
· Ability to remain calm, professional and focused while working in a fast paced environment with changing and evolving priorities.
· Ability to track multiple and competing assignments and priorities through to completion.
· Communicates in an appropriate manner in business dealings to include detailed report writing and holds others under their purview responsible for thorough and accurate reporting and excellent work products.
· Must have a mindset of continuous improvement.
· Displays a high degree of emotional intelligence and balanced ego.
· Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude especially in the conduct of business with passengers, community stakeholders and subordinate staff.
· Ability to work collaboratively up and down the chain of command and to establish solid working relationships with other Transportation and Operations colleagues.
· Ability to develop budgets, cost/benefit analysis, and other analyses required to maintain high performance levels.
· Ability to work collaboratively with other JTA divisional leaders and employees.
· Ability to establish effective and respectful relationships with labor leaders.
· Ability to deal effectively with the public and to resolve complaints in a tactful manner.
· Ability to successfully supervise the work of union and non-union employees.
· Ability to identify and resolve operating problems and conflicts between supervisory and operating personnel.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to employees of all levels within the organization.
· Ability to make formal and informal presentations to staff, senior management and the public.
· Displays strong interpersonal skills.
· Trustworthiness and possessing integrity in dealings with others and conduct of work is essential.
· Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to develop effective communications and presentations and guide, review and edit, the same with work performed by subordinate staff.
· Must have the ability to lead management planning, as well as the development of programs to improve the performance of the fixed route system.
· Must possess strong leadership characteristics such as critical thinking, leading by example, setting vision and executing plans to accomplish accordingly, as well as effectively ensuring accountability, guiding, directing and coaching employees at all levels.
· Must understand the concepts of ownership when it comes to leadership and work and be a highly responsible self-starter.
· Should have a good knowledge of the geography of the Duval County service area, the alignments and markets of the fixed routes, the nature of the street system and traffic conditions, and other factors that influence the delivery of fixed route transit services in the area is required or ability to quickly develop the knowledge is required.
· The ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.