At Masabi, we are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a SaaS company, developing a fare collection and ticketing platform that allows commuters to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or simply by tapping a bank card to travel.
Proving ourselves as true innovators and industry leaders, we launched the Justride SDK – a first for public transit – allowing urban mobility providers, like journey planners (Transit) and bike and ride-sharing services (Uber), to integrate our market-leading mobile ticketing platform into their applications, connecting services together for a seamless user experience.
Our platform, Justride, is deployed in numerous cities around the globe, including New York, London, Boston, Las Vegas, The Hague, Los Angeles, Sydney and many more, with an exciting industry-first SDK deployment with Uber in Denver enabling the purchase of public transport tickets right within the Uber application.
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
The Business Development team are the front-line market representatives of Masabi, building out the pipeline of prospective opportunities and closing those opportunities to bring in new business for the company. The team is equal parts, sales, consultation, analysis, and go-to-market strategy. The North American team is comprised of two BD managers and is led by the VP of Business Development.
To identify, engage, and liaise with transit agencies and prospective partners across the North American market, building a pipeline of qualified individuals at target accounts and partners who are interested in the Justride platform and qualifying those leads for the BD team to engage with further. It’s the job of the BDR to help ensure that our BD team is spending their time wisely and working on the most productive leads.
BDR’s will be responsible for sourcing and making first contact with most of our potential customers, qualifying incoming leads, helping those customers through their initial queries (which could even include product demos or presentations), prioritizing leads and then scheduling face to face meetings (or conference calls) between the senior BD team members and the potential client. Additional responsibilities include attending sales conferences, managing conference and event logistics for the BD team, and assisting in collateral creation for marketing purposes.
Generally, our relationship with our clients is one of a trusted technology partner which means that we avoid common hard-selling tactics and instead choose a longer term, consultative approach, helping our clients to fully understand how mobile ticketing can unlock value for their organization and riders alike.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, NA, this role will be critical to continued growth at Masabi, building on our existing success in the North American market and leading robust expansion into transportation agencies across all modes of transit.
Who are we looking for?
This role is perfect for someone looking to break into business development. A significant part of the role requires engaging with prospective accounts and partners via phone and email. The BDR will be responsible for lead generation, unlocking accounts and partners that are identified as key strategic priorities and we are looking for someone resourceful, who isn’t afraid of persevering with respect to finding the right decision-makers.
This individual has to be highly organized as they will also be responsible for event coordination for the BD team and get involve in bid submissions. We value self-starting, “people-people” who are able to build rapport quickly and create lasting relationships with clients and peers alike.
Our ideal candidate would be someone who is passionate about the future of transportation and mobility and who is excited to deliver our technology to new customers and riders in cities large and small.
What you will learn
- you will become proficient in the full sales lifecycle – objection handling, product and pitch.
- you will shape the future of our business by sourcing leads that will turn into our next clients. As such, you will pick up what it takes to qualify opportunities for a SaaS product company and you will get an acute understanding of the transit and mobility services sectors.
- client-facing sales experience, which will include skills in presenting, pitching, and communicating face to face, on the phone and via email.
- how to effectively sell technology SaaS products in a collaborative, consultative manner.
- this is a cross-functional role, giving you the opportunity to interface with different departments of our organization (e.g. Bids, Marketing, Product etc.). Therefore it will present opportunities for growth not just within the Business Development team, but other areas as well.
Some of our benefits
- Competitive salary package.
- 20 days of vacation per year (not including public holidays), plus the option to buy an additional 5 days of vacation each year. On top of this, our office is shut every year between Christmas and New Year, totalling a whopping 28+ days of vacation.
- Private Healthcare and Life Insurance via Trinet.
- Choice of a workstation.
- $250 per year to spend on your home office.
- Flexibility to work from home whenever you need to and flexible working hours (we are currently operating fully remote due to COVID-19).
- Regular social gatherings with a monthly spending allowance for each employee (when it’s safe, currently used for virtual lunches and events).
- Fun and collaborative environment with a focus on making a difference in the world.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply and we don’t discriminate. Also, please notify our team of any preferred pronouns at any point in your application.
In light of the continued Covid-19 risks, all interviews are expected to take place by phone or video.
Our interview process is as follows:
-Recruiter Chat (around 45’)
-Manager Chat (around 20’)
-In-depth Discussions with 2 team members (1 hour)
-Presentation and Follow Up discussions (45-60’)
As of March 2020, we have temporarily moved to a fully remote model. The remote model will continue until the pandemic is no longer a threat, after which we will implement high degrees of flexibility including fully remote roles. In the meantime, we have adapted our tools and processes to support a productive and collaborative way of working.