· Must possess strong leadership skills such as critical and strategic thinking, accountability, customer focus, and a team mentality.
· Must have a mindset of continuous improvement.
· Displays a high degree of emotional intelligence and balanced ego.
· Thorough knowledge of public transportation and bus operations systems. Familiarity with scheduling and dispatch software.
· Strong knowledge of Duval county street/road systems and familiarity with the effects of adverse weather on street/road conditions.
· Ability to retain a working knowledge of all routes, detour routes and adjusting schedules as needed.
· An understanding of the need for hazard identification and resolution and a commitment to follow-through on resolution of hazards.
· General working knowledge of Dispatching and Radio operations.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and technology applications.
· Skills in planning, scheduling, assigning, monitoring, reviewing, managing and evaluating the work of others.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Must be extremely organized and able to prioritize work assignments.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in written form.
· Ability to deal effectively with employees at all levels within the organization as well as the public in a tactful manner.
· Ability to work together – positively and effectively – with union representatives to resolve complaints and concerns in general, as well as those that may lead to grievances.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Trustworthiness and possessing integrity in dealings with others and conduct of work is essential.
· Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to effectively guide and oversee the work of union and non-union employees.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Reliability in exercising good judgement.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing and evolving priorities.
· Ability to work shift work for extended periods, and as required, extended business hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Required to respond to emergencies and major events on a 24/7 basis.
· Ability to make formal and/or informal presentations at meetings.