- Understand the StreetLight organization, business objectives and growth plans, product constituencies, and product management needs
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the transportation planning and operations industry through self-learning, support of our internal industry experts and proactive interaction with our sales team, prospects and customers to support successfully developing product requirements that meet end customer needs
- Develop a working understanding of development process across the platform and product offerings, including data science / data engineering and the feature commercialization processes at StreetLight including system architecture, data pipelines, algorithms and machine learning techniques, web application back-end and front end and APIs
- Develop and maintain an intimate understanding of our features and functionality in the data platform and end-user products including underlying data, transportation metrics, validation processes, calibration techniques, visualizations and APIs, and their applications in end customer use cases
- Understand the customer requirements and market opportunities for StreetLight in general and then specifically for the API offerings (including programming language support, application integration support, and documentation requirements) and the massive analytic products, including visualization requirements, in order to build the business cases for product improvements and new product development. This includes proactively gathering and synthesizing information from internal and external sources about market trends, competitive offerings, prospect and customer unmet needs, product requirements to meet those needs and ability and willingness to pay as inputs to the product and business planning process.
- Collaborate effectively within the Product Team and across Engineering to support product release planning, schedules, and near and long-term roadmaps for your area of responsibility in alignment with all StreetLight Data product offerings. Work with the Data Science and Data Engineering teams to scope, estimate, and plan the implementation of the product and coordinate its schedule with other deliverables. Participate in maintaining the appropriate level of transparency and education on current and future product plans for Executives, Sales, Customer Success, Support and others with a need to know.
- Communicate and collaborate closely with Product Marketing, Learning Services, Marketing, Solution Engineers, Sales and our Executive Team to disseminate the product knowledge, plans and statuses that ensure any new product education or training, marketing materials or promotions, or prospect and/or customer communications can be completed in an effective, timely and efficient manner
- Provide pre and post sales support to API customers / partners as needed during initial ramp phase of API sales and usage
- Travel from time to time to meet with prospects, customers, attend trade shows or visit other StreetLight Data offices as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS or equivalent in Computer Science or related engineering field required
- 2 or more years of professional experience as a software developer working with APIs is required; experience building APIs for internal or external use is a plus.
- 5 or more years of product management experience in a commercial software company focused on APIs and big data is required delivering data products into the commercial/governmental market. Experience working with data analytics and visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlik or equivalent is strongly preferred. Experience in mobility, or navigation products is preferred. Experience in a SaaS product environment that utilizes machine learning in a quantitative field is a plus. Experience in the field of transportation planning is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to develop product specifications for APIs including descriptions of developer requirements driven by understanding of customer and partner applications including understanding which programming languages need to be supported, and what requirements target applications have.
- Proven track record of effectively gathering and transforming complex market and customer data into prioritized product roadmaps that drive business growth
- Demonstrated experience collaboratively working in a product development environment with product managers, data scientists, data / software engineers, QA and Support to define and deliver products, manage release schedules and support Marketing and Sales in go-to-market education, training and launch processes; experience in Agile Development methodologies a strong plus
- Demonstrated good business and technical judgment. Must be numerically facile with the ability to create new frameworks for data /information analysis, develop project plans and manage to timelines, and skillfully balance competing priorities and interests to meet business and financial objectives
- Superior verbal, written and visual communication skills that enable clear explanations of complex concepts to internal or external audiences through formal and informal, verbal and written presentations, as well as transparently communicate the trade-offs between execution options
- Experienced using a wide range of tools and technologies including JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Office applications, project management tools; GIS systems a strong plus
- Committed to capturing and using data to measure performance and inform decision-making whenever possible, practical and valuable, while also applying intuition to balance across market demand, competitive response and customer satisfaction
- Extremely well-organized, logical thinker with a positive outlook that can take large projects and break them down into manageable tasks with achievable goals and schedules for yourself and others
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys problem-solving
- Open, honest, direct and respectful communicator, a collaborative team player that knows how to work with others to get things done in a positive manner
- Passionate about making the world a better place for people to live, move, and work
- Become the resident expert on injecting leading-edge design principles into a vast category where experience design is the last frontier
- Understand and distill complex, broad concepts into beautiful and functional mockups and prototypes
- Apply your skills throughout the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframes, interaction, and visual design through prototyping and usability testing
- Partner with product marketers, engineers, and leadership to craft useful, delightful product experiences
- Track usability goals and usability testing of the product flows
- Drive user testing strategy and execution
- Track product usage data and metrics to validate designs post-launch
- Develop and present high-level research, journey-maps, user-flows, and wireframes to effectively communicate ideas
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience designing and delivering user-centered, enterprise software experiences
- Demonstrated experience leading end to end product design decision from early concept to product launch
- Deep empathy with an understanding of user needs and passion for designing beautiful, functional software products
- Experience with user research, prototyping, HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and ideally a breadth of design tools like Sketch, Axure, Invision, Figma
- Geospatial visualization background preferred, but not required
StreetLight Data is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. StreetLight Data provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.