For information on how to post jobs on our site and have jobs posted in our monthly email please contact (Sponsorship@yptransportation.org).
Immediate – Data Visualization Analyst
Do you want to use your data and design skills to help the public sector make better
decisions? Join the High Street team and help transportation agencies explore and
analyze their abundant and varied datasets. Our company provides planning,
communication, and decision-support services to local, state, and national
transportation agencies throughout the United States. We are hiring a data
visualization analyst for a full-time position.
Since the needs of our clients are diverse, your work tasks and responsibilities will
change from project to project and task to task. You must be adaptable and ready to
work in small teams to support or lead task-level content. Work assignments will
include developing layouts and graphics for public-facing documents, front-end web
design, data visualization, and presentation design to support projects and
proposals. Duties will include:
- Working with large amounts of
information and seeing “the
- Cleaning and joining datasets
- Developing data visualizations in
Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS
- Meeting with clients directly to
learn about their visualization
requests, and present your draft
- Developing lightweight
Shiny, or similar programming
- Looking at data trends and
relationships and coming to new
conclusions based on findings
High Street’s team and clients are located throughout the United States and this position will require periodic travel.
The right candidate must have:
- Work experience and a bachelor’s degree a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective UI/UX for interactive data visualizations
- Strong skill and interest in using Power BI and Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to develop visual applications with R or Python
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Ability to self-learn and execute work independently, as we work remotely
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- project management experience
- experience working with spatial data
- interest in transportation
Please send a resume, cover letter, and a recent work sample to
email@example.com. Include a brief description of your contribution to
the work sample.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is competitive and will vary based on experience. Other benefits include
opportunity for performance-based bonus, health care stipend, paid time off, flexible
work environment, and 401k program.
ABOUT HIGH STREET
We are 25+ (and growing!) creative and hardworking planning, policy, and technical
professionals dedicated to delivering outstanding products and solutions for our
clients. We help transportation practitioners understand emerging issues and
respond effectively using a combination of qualitative and quantitative approaches.
Consulting work will always involve some travel and periods of intensity, but High
Street is committed to work-life balance and respects our employees’ time and
priorities outside of work.
High Street is an equal opportunity employer.